Since 2005 the Break 4 Tots Annual Community Hip Hop Jam:
1) provided a safe environment for creative expression and competition.
2) collected food, clothing, and school supply donations for youth locally and globally.
3) support and provide after school programs for youth locally and globally.
4) promoted health and fitness through free on-site dance workshops for youth.
5) provided a space for community organizations to raise awareness, mobilize, and take action.
Now in our 10th year Break 4 Tots is expanding it's endeavors to provide scholarships to Hip Hop practitioners who are attending or will be attending college with the purpose of serving youth throuh Hip Hop arts.
Break 4 Tots mission is to serve the community one break at time by organizing the community, developing platforms to raise awareness through Hip Hop arts, and providing scholarships to college students focused on a career in working with young people.
We envision a community with access and resources that allow youth to live a joyful, healthy and active lifestyle grounded in responsibility and leadership. We aim to create safe and healthy environments, promote positive creative outlets, and building self-sustainable communities. Break 4 Tots will provide youth with the foundation to build hope and confidence aimed at fostering individual and collective knowledge, skills, and talents. Our intention is to inspire youth to become active participants in their personal health and in their communities. We are committed to utilizing Hip Hop as a means to organize, heal and love our communities.